Tuesday, July 20, 2010

P90X

It's been a long time since I posted a blog, but as I've been having such a great challenge with P90X, I decided to talk a bit about it.

For those of you that have lived in a cave their whole lives or never owned a TV, P90X is an extreme fitness program designed to sculpt and build your body.  It is a 1 hour a day, 6 days a week fitness phenomenon and has worked wonders for everybody that puts in the effort to complete this 90 day program.

Start up cost is the most expensive part, and even then, it still beats going to the gym every day since I can do this in the comfort of home.  It cost me around $200 dollars for the equipment (resistance band, heart rate monitor, yoga mat, work out clothes, multivitamins, whey protein powder etc) This doesn't include the P90X discs themselves, which cost about $100 for all 12.  After a few months, you've already made your money back in savings from no gym fees.

The exercises themselves consist of every thing from "Ab Ripper X" that strengthens and sculpts your abdominal area to "Plyometrics" which is an EXTREME cardiovascular jump training workout (easily the hardest workout in my opinion) to my personal favorite "Kenpo X" which is, as it says, Kenpo.  This is punching, kicking, blocking, etc and actually quite fun even with the vast amount of sweating you do throughout.  Also included are workouts like Chest & Back, Arms & Shoulders, Yoga X and more.  All are tough, but none are impossible once you get your fitness level up after a few weeks.

I started it on June 26th, and though I haven't followed the diet to a tee, I've still been careful with what I put into my body, and have gotten very encouraging results thus far, less than a month in.  I've lost 7 pounds, have more energy, a flatter stomach, and the ab muscles have started to come in.  If this is what I can expect with less than a month, I'm looking forward to the next two months, maybe more.

I've found myself becoming an unpaid advocate of this program simply based on the mentioned benefits.  Maybe I can get paid to advertise it eventually?

No comments:

Post a Comment